Saturday, November 14, 2009

I was thinking about building a local website directory for my area. Do local websites really work?

There are over 700 businesses that have a website in my area. I was thinking about offering free web directory listings and profiles to new and existing businesses in exchange for word of mouth advertising. I also have 3 small newspaper publishers and 1 radio station who will promote my site at no cost in exchange of services. Unlike other advertising methods, the public can get a detailed first look about a business and the services it offers.





Revenue will be generated from businesses that have proven to be successful over the phone or will benefit the most from online advertising. I believe these services will work since it is a convenient way for people to find what they are looking for in today's busy schedule: florists, gift shops, gift certificates from local vendors(ex. dining, golf shops, day spas).





Will these services benefit you on a local website and what other services should I offer on a local website directory to make it successful? Thank you for your input

I was thinking about building a local website directory for my area. Do local websites really work?
Hi - Im a marketing professional who can help you with general marketing, brand, pr and online marketing. Check out my company website to see all the marketing tactics we cover: www.mktg.com.au





All the contact details are on the website, prices are determined on each project. I know you will love what we can do for you.





MKTG Marketing: www.mktg.com.au
Reply:Yea,


In fact that's how kudzo.com operates-kind of


The more topics the better off you'd be,I wouldn't limit it to a certain niche.


Great source of revenue,but with any biz advertising is key.


No comments:

Post a Comment