Monday, May 11, 2009

Isn't the price of gas hurting all small business?

I own a florist shop and the price of gas is hurting my business and every other business in the plaza.


www.donotbuygas.com is a website that I found to lobby the senate to bring down the price of gas.


What can we do?


It is a desperate situation when the economy can only get worse.

Isn't the price of gas hurting all small business?
I do not know of a single business sector that is not impacted by rising gas prices. Look at what's going on with the airlines. 2 have gone bankrupt. The price of food is going up too. I don't know what we can do except get very efficient with our gas usage and wherever we can, diversify to increase our income. I would think there are some areas you as a florist could naturally branch out in; balloons, gifts, possibly something online.





I am working for a company that does hospice. I saw on the internet an article about nurses quitting home visiting jobs because of the high price of gas. It hurts our business too.





Best of luck to you.
Reply:Gas is the least of the problems. Its the greedy market thats all and regulations are terrible. If wages would someday go up to what they should be, no one would be complaining about it. This isn't the first time gas reached a high level, but at that time we could afford it.


No comments:

Post a Comment