Sunday, May 16, 2010

Need to make a vow renewal bouquet on vacation?!?

I am getting my vows renewed and have decided I am carrying a beautiful perfectly suitable small hand tied bouquet. I need instructions on how to make one, how to pick flowers for one and how on earth do I get flowers when I am on vacation! I checked most of the stores and cannot count on them having good flowers or any flowers, as they said they have them "from time to time". Florist's flowers will be too expensive, I don't like silk, my husband doesn't either (he wants it to be special and meaningful and silk to him doesn't seem appropriate) and I don't want to spend my vacation time doing things like shopping all across town for a bouquet.





I checked the places that send you flowers and they are really expensive too! But in the long run, if I could afford it, I would totally go that route. I would most appreciate answers from people who have actually made their own bouquets instead of links online, but will take those, cause I can't find any!?

Need to make a vow renewal bouquet on vacation?!?
I don't recommend you picking flowers, unless you have a green thumb. The way to go would be to buy string or bands from a local crafts store, such as Michael's, and go to a local supermarket in your area that sells flowers in bouquet or inexpensive vase arrangements form; and select whatever flowers you wish. Then go home and use the bands or string to tie the flower stems together after you have cut the stems so that they are no more than 8 inches in length and appropriate for a bouquet. Be sure to cut the stems in a diagonal; and until the time of the ceremony, keep the arrangement in the refrigerator, if you wish they can be kept in a bowl of water filled to no more than half an inch in depth with water while kept in the fridge. Wrap with and tie pink ribbon to the bottom of the arrangement; and cover the sharp part of the stems with cellophane or saran wrap which you should adhere with two-sided clear tape. CONGRATS.
Reply:For my wedding we went to the wholesale warehouse and bought boxes of flowers and supplies. I lucked out that one of my guests, (very good Friend), worked in a flower shop and she made my bouquets. I had all white roses with some yellow roses thrown in for spice. My girls had light blue hydrangeas with yellow roses pulled through the top. send me an email at salesadmin@optimumpower.com and I will send you pictures of the bouquets. They were very easy to make and took no time. Bonus, to save time on your vaca take some ribbon - two different sizes and some floral tape and a pair of scissors. That will help to start with.

wide children shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment